Friday, November 23, 2007

Rockin' in the Christmas Season

Well with Thanksgiving officially over it is time to start thinking about Christmas. Since we are away from home we can't do some of our traditional day after activities like the Turkey Bowl, and Christmas decorations, picking out the Christmas tree, etc. But, we have had a fun day in Pittsburgh. This morning we took the dogs to a dog park and they had a blast. I don't know if it was the smartest thing to do as it was very boggy from the rain and snow over the last two days. The dogs didn't seem to mind the mud, but the people were all walking around gingerly trying to avoid the muddiest spots. Despite our best intentions, Grace went running through some mud and left her shoe behind. Thus, one muddy sock (and the foot become sockless). Then Argos jumped up on me with his muddy paws and got my pants and jacket. But hey, it still was fun. The dogs were running around with each other, chasing balls, and sniffing other dogs. I'm just glad that Shadow didn't decide to roll around in the mud. They were dirty enough as it was and I'm sure Michelle wasn't so happy with us when we got back home.

The rest of the day we have spent lounging. I stayed home with Harriet while she was napping and everyone else went to the Natural History Museum. Grace was looking forward to the dinosaur exhibit, but unfortunately it was so packed that they weren't able to get into the exhibit for another 4 hours. They decided to skip it and came back home. Grace was disappointed but hopefully she will get another chance. After all, Carnegie Mellon does have the largest collection of Utah dinosaur bones.



After everyone was back we decided to have a billiards tournament. I was liking my chances as Brian and I have split 4 games and I felt like I was starting to find my touch. However, we were both eliminated and Wendy stole the championship. In fact, Alec seems to have my number. He has had some nice shots and currently I'm 0-3 against him. Hopefully that will change before we leave on Sunday.

Tonight Brian and Wendy invited the Seppe's over and they brought leftovers and we put out ours and had the traditional day-after left over meal. You can't complain about more turkey, mashed potatos, cranberry sauce, and of course pumpkin pie. Duane, who is an economics professor at Carnegie is also a rocker wanna be. He recently purchased an electric guitar and he brought it over to have a jam session with Alec on the keyboard.



After some Neil Young, the music turned to Christmas songs and Duane started rocking out to God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman, Joy to the World, and some other classics. Fun was had by all. Now if only I played the guitar.

One tired mom at the end of the day!

No comments: