Sunday, November 04, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

If there is one good thing about being Mormon and living on the east coast it is being able to watch the entire schedule of football games. Church is from 10-1 which means that I am generally home by 1:30. I miss a few minutes of the first quarter and then it is all football from 1:30 until midnight.

Of all the sports I enjoy playing and watching, I most enjoy NFL football. Michelle will tell you that I would watch any game that is on. Probably true. I can't stand the Patriots and yet have had to endure many games of their's over the last 3 years. While I cheer for the Steelers, I will watch any game. I won't do that with baseball or basketball, but football has a hold on me. It is the one sport that I wish I would have played in high school.

As I mentioned, one of the down sides to living in Boston is having to watch the Patriots games. This despite the fact that often (especially this year) better games are being played elsewhere. Still, I am of the philosophy that a bad football game is better than no football game. Perhaps I shouldn't speak too soon because I don't know if I would watch a Miami-St. Louis game.

Today I finally got to watch a Patriots game that I enjoyed. It was the first time in NFL history that teams a combined 15-0 were playing each other. While I was cheering for the Colts and was disappointed by the 24-20 loss, at least it was finally a good game. Of course that thing that concerns me now is that my Steelers are the only real obstacle left for the Patriots. Hopefully they can come into Foxborough and pull off the upset and keep them from going undefeated.

No comments: