Monday, November 12, 2007

I need a vacation!

Making some cookies!

After three straight days of being the primary care giver at home I am ready to get back to work. I need the break. After playing with kids non-stop, and dealing with a sick Harriet (curse the parent of the sick child at story time at the library) I am worn out. Too bad Michelle was gone all day on my day off. She had Relief Society stuff most of the day and then a horse riding lesson and then some tutoring. I could have used the help, although I know she is just laughing saying that I had it easy today.

Despite all the work, today was a lot of fun. As I mentioned yesterday, I bribed Grace with a treat if she did her line in the Primary program. She didn't let me down so today we made snickerdoodles. Quite possible one of the finest cookies and certainly one of mine and Grace's favorite. Everybody got in the action and the cookies turned out quite well.

I promise that nothing "weird" was in the cookies.

While we waited for the cookies to bake, it was tag and hide-n-seek. Grace almost had me fooled on this one, luckily I thought it was fishy that she said she needed her shoes before hiding. Hattie still doesn't get the hide-n-seek, but she sure has fun running around the house playing tag with us.

Oh, you found me.

Finally Dad was exhausted so we sat down for some books and some lunch. I tried to get a nap in the afternoon while I let Grace watch a movie, but no luck. Like I said I need to get back to work so that I can rest.

What, I'm not suppose to be climbing on the table?

No comments: