Monday, November 19, 2007

Hattie loves her Dada

When we still lived in SLC, I would often ride my bike to school and back. When Grace was in the age range of 18-24 months she would love to greet me at the door and help me take my cycling shoes off. Now that she is 4 1/2 she doesn't care so much when daddy comes home.

Hattie is now the same age as Grace was then and she loves it when daddy finally comes home. The second I walk in the house I can hear her squeal in delight saying "da da!" and she comes booking towards the mud room. Nothing beats that. It sure makes it worth while coming home from work to hear the squeal of delight.

Grace no longer comes to the door to greet me, and Michelle just posted about Grace's boyfriend. I thought that I had a few years yet before having to worry about boys and my daughters. Am I already going to have to use the shotgun and a shovel line? I sure hope not. But I may.

No comments: