Thursday, November 22, 2007

An International Flavor

For the first time in the last three years, we had Thanksgiving dinner with family. Brian and Wendy also invited several people they know here in Pittsburgh such that we had a Korean couple and Dutchman, and of course us strange Mormons. It was a very enjoyable time and Wendy (with help from Michelle) made an excellent meal. It was a little crazy in the house with 7 adults, 6 kids, and 3 dogs, but we kept the dogs from the turkey and made sure that everyone had plenty to eat. It was very interesting talking with the other guests about their experiences in America and how life differs in areas across the world.

In line with the day, I have to blog about what I am thankful for. While there are many things I appreciate and enjoy, there really are only a few things I just couldn't imaging life without. One of those things is family. Not just Michelle and my kids, but the extended family as well. I can't imagine driving 600+ miles with 2 kids and 2 dogs for many people. Yet, for family it not only was worth it, but didn't seem like much of a sacrifice. Of course we aren't home yet either.

The best part of all of this has got be Grace. She has had a blast here in Pittsburgh. For the week gearing up for our trip she was mainly excited to see Clare and Argos (their dog). However, it was Jeremiah that she has had a blast with. The two spent the entire day together playing with the dogs, playing pirates, playing games, and just plain hanging out. It is too bad that Grace doesn't get to hang out with cousins more often. Harriet has also had a good time but mostly with the dogs. She loves animals and Argos is just her speed. She goes from dog to dog to dog giving loves and pats. She also made a new friend today as the Korean couple had a 1 year old daughter that played well with Harriet.

Thanksgiving 2007 is now coming to an end, but it has reminded me once again the importance of family.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I'm loving this blog every day thing. Keep them coming.