With Veteran's Day tomorrow I have a long weekend away from work. I was hoping to be able to get some good family time in, but Michelle was busy today and has things scheduled for Monday. So, I still get family time, but instead of all of us doing something together it is just Hats, Grace, and me.
We had a blast today despite the colder than normal temperatures. I actually woke up early and started raking leaves as soon as the sun was up. It was frigid outside and I had to come in every few minutes to warm up my hands. Once Michelle was out the door the fun began. We played one of Hattie's and Gracie's favorite games with Dad, dump'ems. Grace actually captured some good action shots of Hattie getting dumped.
After they wore me out playing dump'ems we moved to something a little less physically demanding and add some fun with Photo Booth. We got some great shots in before Hattie was done with the artsy stuff and she was ready to do some work.
It had finally warmed up enough for the kids to bundle up and go out so after I tracked down some mittens for Harriet, we went outside and raked some more leaves. Grace even got her wheel barrow out to help me as we piled leaves in the wheel barrows and then pushed them up the hill to dump the leaves in the mulch pile. Harriet had the best time as she got to ride in the wheel barrow up and down. Someone had to keep the leaves from falling out.
After everyone's noses were red, it was time to come inside. We all came in to warm up with Grace's favorite meal (ramen noodles) and it was only then that I finally heard the dreaded, "I wish Mommy was home." I quickly convinced her that we didn't need Mommy and we finished lunch, put Hattie down for her nap and had some more fun until Mommy came home.
Stayed tuned for more fun on Monday. Plus, tomorrow Grace has a speaking part in the Primary program. I hope she doesn't get nervous in front of everyone.
1 year ago








No comments:
Post a Comment