Anyway, my fried Jared has been doing list of 5 things so I thought I would add my 5 things that not everyone knows about me.

I am a closet Dixie Chicks fan. I may not agree with their politics, but I find their music very appealing. You can't help but sing along with Wide Open Spaces and they seem to be able to mix a nice blend of country and rock with good lyrics.
I'm a sucker for Skittles. Chocolate has no appeal to me and most sweets don't tempt me either, but for some reason I can't resist Skittles. If there are some in my house there won't be for long. Luckily all the women in the house prefer the chocolate sweets so I don't have to fight much over the few Skittles that make it to the house.If I had to do my college education over, I think that I would have gone into bioengineering. My only exposure to biology was in high school. In college I did have several bioengineering classes, but it wasn't until I was in graduate school and into my job at Lincoln that I realized how much fun the world of biology is. This may also be in part to Michelle who was a biology major. It really is a fascinating science and I think that I would have really enjoyed blending engineering with the biological sciences. Oh well, I guess that I will just have to enjoy crystal lattices and thermodynamics.

My favorite hobby is not basketball, cycling, or any other sport. I really love to backpack. I still have a dream of doing a multiple week backpacking trip. When living in Utah I always wanted to do the Highline Trail in the Uintas. It is a 160 mile trail from Mirror Lake to Flaming Gorge. Now that I live in New England, I think it would be fun to hike at least part of the Appalachian Trail if not the whole thing. I have been to the northern terminus of the AT and it was a lot of fun. I would love to solo backpack but I know that will never happen. I find it extremely peaceful and relaxing to be in the mountains and communing with nature.
To round this out, one additional item that you may not know about me is that I am man enough to cry. Michelle makes fun of me, but for some reason I tend to be the emotional one when it comes to books, movies, and those kind of things.
So there you go, if you ever come across a backpacker eating Skittles, listening to the Dixie Chicks, while crying over the lyrics you will know it is me.

3 comments:
Don't cry Chappo!
I love a man who can cry! Vic cried almost every night while he was reading Little Women to me. It's the best.
Chappo, you don't like chocolate. Are you human?
Post a Comment