Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busy, busy weekend

This weekend was full of adventure. It started with the mad dash from work on Friday to the church to head off on a scout campout. We went up to New Hampshire (where a ward member has 300 acres) in order to construct winter shelters that we will use in February to sleep in. Friday night was mildly cold (about 20 degrees), but Saturday was nice. The big issue for me was 20 boys with axes and bow saws. We had a couple of close calls with trees coming down awfully close to other people and one boy cut his finger, but luckily no serious injuries. In the end, each age group constructed their own shelter and it should be interesting to see how they hold up for February. The varsity and boy scouts constructed standard A-frame shelters with lots of hemlock to keep the wind and snow out. The Venturers decided for the McMansion look with plenty of "windows" and "skylights". Fun was had by all while I won't be sleeping in the shelters (I much prefer my walrus tent), it will be fun come February.I was already tired going into the campout and I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked Friday night, but the boys did sleep more than normal. However, after all the work on Saturday I was tired, but there was to be no rest for the weary. I had to make the hour drive to the Stake Center for Stake Priesthood meeting. An hour up, 2 hours of meeting, an hour back and finally some sleep. Only, I had to go to PEC this morning, so off I was this morning. Church, then home teaching, and finally I get to blog and go to bed.

FYI-this blog will be going on the road starting Wednesday. We will be heading to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving so stay tuned.

No comments: