Saturday, November 03, 2007

The People Roundup

Today we went through the roundup. You know what I'm talking about. While this was my first time, Grace, Harriet, and Michelle are old timers when it comes to getting flu shots. I generally have felt that being healthy, I should let those truly in need get their shots. However, with everyone claiming that there is plenty of vaccine to go around I headed down. Besides, after yesterday's rant I decided that I should maximize my return on my investment in health care and go and get a flu shot.

I don't know if it was the people sharking in the parking lot, the long lines to get the shot, or the police officer (herding) standing around. But whatever it was I sure felt like a piece of livestock. I waited in line, I filled out my paper work, I received my shot. It was get me in and get me out. Knowing my luck, the shot will do me no good and this will be the first year of me getting the flu. Check back the end of the month and see if my prediction comes true.

At least everyone was a trooper. Harriet didn't even cry and either did Mom or Dad. Only Grace had tears but a couple of slug bugs on Daddy's arm where he got the shot and everyone was in a good mood again.

How about you, did you get your flu shot?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got a shot last year, and got really sick from it. I'm taking my chance this year.