Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Gratitude Journal #3

Oh man, what to write about today.  I think I'll say I'm grateful for Harriet's preschool since we went on another huge field trip today with them.  Sure, they require A LOT from parents and the whole thing is completely over-the-top and a little insane, but I have never seen a woman more excited about doing her job than the woman who runs this preschool.  She is so creative, so imaginative, so loving, so excited to see the kids every day, and is genuinely interested in each of them.  She is teaching them valuable life skills, to do EVERYthing for themselves (which is something I am not good at), teaching them very good and appropriate curriculum, and celebrates each tiny accomplishment that they make.
field trip to the pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago


Harriet could not write her name before preschool started this year.  She only wanted to write the H and wasn't interested in any more information about how to write the rest.  I tried so many times to help her, but she did not want my help.  Now, only about 8 weeks later, she is writing her whole name (and nickname), and spelling them correctly too.  I'm so grateful for preschool teachers!  I know I could never be one for SO many reasons.  (Reason #1 is that I could never turn on the hose in the school yard ON PURPOSE so that the kids could make mud under the slide and slop it around with shovels and buckets to their hearts content!)  Thank goodness for the preschool teachers in the world!

No comments: