Thursday, November 18, 2010

#18

Did ya notice I skipped #17?  Well, my mom used to say if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  That was yesterday.  By the time I got Harriet to fall asleep, I really wasn't in the mood to count my blessings, even if I finally had the blessing of her being asleep!

So, tonight, it's a bit early for blessing counting - not even 7pm yet.  But I hope to have a long late night with the girlfriends - at least late enough that the kiddos are asleep by the time I get home.

I am very thankful for:

*David - that he actually changed his flight home today to an earlier flight so that he could be back in time to take the girls to karate and let me go to book club.  He even booked it home from the airport so quick that I didn't have to get ready early and meet him there.
*my clean house.  Ok, it's not "clean", but it's layers clean-er than it has been in a while.  Icky bathrooms are probably my #1 pet peeve and they are now nice and sparkly - all at the same time too.  Vacuum lines in the carpet  just make me plain giddy (instead of little tufts of dog fluff everywhere) and being able to see all the surfaces of my kitchen counters - divine.
*BOOK CLUB!  I have belonged to one book club or another for at least the last 10 years.  My current one in ABQ is the one night a month I can (usually) plan on to myself.  I love getting to hang out with friends and I love reading books that I wouldn't otherwise choose for myself.  More often than not, they are books that make it to my list of favorites.  Even if they aren't, it's nice to have a variety in reading and have a reason to finish at least a book a month.  I never used to hit that goal, but since moving here I'm averaging about 2 a month.  I can't wait for tonight's discussion.  We read "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer.  Again, a book I probably would have never chosen, but it was SO fascinating and interesting despite being a pretty tragic true story.  Yay for books and book club!

No comments: