Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#21 and #22

Ok, I've got a couple more:

#21 - I am very thankful for my friend Sacha who spent her whole afternoon yesterday teaching me how to make fondant for cakes.  I am grateful for her mad skills, her friendship, and her generosity in sharing her kitchen with Grace and me.  We made a pretty darn cute and very delicious cake.  Whoops, guess I should have taken a picture of it before we ate it!  Bring on the birthdays - I'm excited to make some cute cakes!

#22 - I was at Costco today getting a few basic essentials - you know - dog food, tortilla chips, instant breakfast.  In the time it took me to decide on something I was looking at on a shelf, someone either took everything out of my cart, or stole my cart and replaced it with an empty one.  I know - why didn't I notice?  There were only 60 people in the aisle shoving their carts around.  Anyway, when I made my choice and put it in my cart and started pushing it away I realized it was completely empty of everything else I had just shopped for.  I looked around and couldn't see anyone with my cart.  Crazy!!  I have never been so THANKFUL to look down and see my purse hanging safely from my shoulder.  What if I had put it in the basket?  It would be gone.  Ladies - hang onto those purses when you're out doing the holiday shopping!  So, the biggest bummer was that I had to go back through the crowded store and get everything I had already shopped for.  I'm hoping the person who took my cart enjoys having dog food and tortilla chips with a glass of instant breakfast for Thanksgiving dinner instead of the turkey and pies they were probably shopping for.  

No comments: