I am thankful for grandparents who like to play with their grandkids. I had some who did the same for me when I was growing up and playing with them provided some of the best memories of my childhood.
 |
| no one is ever sorry in this game except when they lose! |
David's parents have been living with us since we got home from Disneyland in September. They are building a house 12 minutes away from ours and staying with us until it is finished. Grace and Harriet are LOVING this situation. They have built-in playmates and their favorite babysitters anytime they want. Harriet greets Grandma first thing in the morning with her deck of Old Maid cards and the last thing they both do before climbing in bed is to go rough-house with Grandpa, fighting all the time whose turn it is to beat him up. The Sorry games get a little heated to say the least! Last night, Grace asked me if I could please do Grandma and Grandpa's chores so that they could start the games earlier. Guess we know where I fall in line.
You know your house guests have set up residency when you get an invitation to a party at your own house that you didn't plan! Last week, Grace and Harriet had invitations waiting for them on the coffee table when they woke up. They were invited to a Halloween party that night in Grandma and Grandpa's room. The invitation said: after homework, before bath time. Will it be fun? YES! Will it be scary? NO
They did crafts and played games and got candy. Who knew you could have so much fun in the guest room of your own house?
 |
| a little 'pin the face on the pumpkin' |
I know Grandma and Grandpa are anxious for their own house and space (come on, you who doesn't love sharing the kids' bathroom!), but I know 2 girls who are really going to be missing their grandparents when they don't live with us anymore. Thanks for all you do for us, Grandma and Grandpa!
1 comment:
Don't you love it when your kids surprise you like Grace did with playing her guitar in class, even though she was nervous? Loved reading Hatties list of her family and what she likes. I always saved those as reminders. Like you, I stop and look at my kids in between loosing my marbles, and think maybe I did a good job.
So nice to watch your kid spending quality time with their grand parents. They seem like great grand parents, willing to play games, craft and just enjoy spending time with Grace and Hattie.
Annelie
Post a Comment