Monday, April 30, 2007

Operation Bachelorhood-Day 3

The real pain and misery began today as I had to go to work. I left about 20 minutes later than normal to give the dogs a little more time to run around and play outside knowing that I wasn't going to be home for 11 hours.

Work went well, but I was rather busy. I left work about 30 minutes later than I wanted and ended up spending some time at home finishing stuff up for a meeting tomorrow. Once I got home I made some measurements of windows and my eaves so that I could go to Home Depot and figure out which project I was going to do. I had hoped to get 20% off my windows but that ended on Saturday. Still I decided to do the windows which means the eaves are going to have to wait until the fall or possible next spring. I will give them a good coat of paint and hope that they survive the winter.

I was almost to upset to blog. After getting home from the store I sat down to watch the Jazz-Rocket game. It was a close game with neither team building much of a lead. The Jazz lead most of the game but surrendered the lead in the fourth quarter and couldn't overcome a 2:30 minute scoring drought. They ended up losing 96-92, but the charge on Derek Fisher at the end was pretty questionable. However, the Jazz had very poor clock management for the last minute of the game. Had they managed the clock better they might of snuck out with a win. As it is, this series is proving how beneficial home court would have been for the Jazz. Had they not blown double digit leads in the fourth quarter of two consecutive games, they would be up 3-2. The Jazz should win on Thursday, but all bets are off for who will win Game 7. If AK and Memo don't show up offensively I'm afraid it will be Houston.

I briefly talked to Michelle today. She made the four hour drive down to Cedar. As if Saturday's plane ride wasn't enough travel. Kids were good until the end. Hopefully they enjoy their time in Cedar. I really like Cedar and have told Michelle that I would retire there.

Time for bed. At least I have the whole bed to myself and I can guarantee that I won't be awakened at 2:30 in the morning.

1 comment:

miche said...

sorry our talks have been so brief. When I talk when the kids are awake, they don't let me get in too many words before they are grabbing the phone and interrupting my train of thought. If I wait until they go to bed it is too late to call...
Sorry, I will try to do a better job...
Love from Utah!!!!