Sunday, April 15, 2007

long time, no blog!

I really can't believe it's been a month since I did a blog. If you're trying to keep up with our family, you'll get caught up fast today. I wouldn't worry so much with writing about everything, but I have no time to keep up a journal and this is the only record of what happens to our family (a little scary that it's all on the internet!)

I have been super busy with all my little (and big) jobs. My little jobs consist of doing the book-keeping for the barn, answering the barn e-mail, teaching a riding lesson or two each week, tutoring my small handful of students in math, chemistry, and biology, and doing my primary secretary church calling. Of course my biggest and most important job is raising my two darling little girls which I do like many "stay-at-home" moms - while trying to keep up our 1600 square feet of living space, half acre yard (ok that doesn't get done), and making a "tasty" dinner by 6pm every night. A friend of mine told me the other day that she feels successful if she just gets the "clothes" and "food" done each day and if one other thing is accomplished then it is cause for celebration!

I also tend to have a hard time saying no to something that I know will allow me to have a little "me" time, so I go to a monthly book club and also a dinner group with my friends WITHOUT our kids. David is great at picking up the slack and staying home with the kids when I'm doing these things and when I'm out doing riding lessons or tutoring.

So, I guess those are enough excuses to have slacked on my blogging, aren't they?

No comments: