Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Roasting some 'dogs!

This past Saturday we had another first for around here. One of the benefits (or is it a quirk) is that from January-April we can burn debris in our yard. While sure you have to have a burn permit, do they know that I was a scout (doesn't that imply pyromaniac?). Anyway, they were foolish enough to issue me a burn permit, and I was foolish enough to burn on the hottest day of the year so far. So I'm making a bon fire and it is 80 degrees outside. Fire and 80 degree weather just don't go together.

The best part of this (aside from playing with fire of course) was that I was able to get rid of 80% of the tree branches that have fallen over the last two years. Now this was a significant pile since I have a few trees in my yard. The pile has grown over the last couple of years and was becoming an eye sore. The other good thing to come from the fire was roasted hot dogs. When Grace found out we were going to have a fire that was the first thing she wanted to do. She waited patiently for the first two hours helping me break up branches to throw into the fire. She was a great little helper, but it was all just to get to lunch time and have some hot dogs. So that is exactly what we did. We roasted hot dogs over the fire in our yard that we were using to burn yard debris. You got to love living where we do!

No comments: