Saturday, April 28, 2007

Operation Bachelorhood-Day 1

Michelle and the kids have gone to visit family for the next 2 weeks so that leaves me alone for that time. I really am pretty pathetic and make horrible bachelor. I miss Michelle and the kids and it throughs the whole routine off. The dogs probably suffer more than I do. With no one to let them out during the day they have to suffer to my long work day.

I really appreciate all of the things Michelle does when she is gone. This is probably why she does go so that I stay appreciative and don't take her for granted. The mission for Operation Bachelorhood is to survive and have a reasonable clean house when they get back home.

To emphasize what a poor example of a bachelor I am, I point to day 1. Michelle needed to be at the airport at 3:00. There was no curbside check in with JetBlue so I parked and helped her get the baggage checked and walked them to security. All good things to do. What husband/father wouldn't want to spend as much time as possible with the wife and kids before a 2 week absence? However, now my point, I'm in Boston. There is a lot I could do. But what do I do? I drive to Home Depot and buy some material for a honey-do project I am suppose to get done while Michelle is gone. No sports bar to watch the Yankees-Red Sox. Just Home Depot and home. I get home and eat leftovers (cooking will be saved for another day), and then off to Nashua for Stake Priesthood Meeting.

About the only thing I was able to do with ease thanks to being home alone is watch the Jazz-Rockets game staying up until 1:00 AM without any consequence. Thankfully the Jazz won. I stayed up last to watch Game 1&2 and was sorely disappointed (not to mention tired).

Stay tune for the daily updates. Will I eventually cook real food? Will I sleep normal hours? Will I shower and shave? All good questions and only time will tell.

1 comment:

miche said...

aw honey, that's so nice that you miss the things I do! I'm glad that you do notice that I do things :-)