It has been a long time (almost a decade) since I have felt so hopefully for my hometown team. They started the year off strong and despite a few injuries during the year stayed strong and won more often than they lost. It was a year when I wish I could have watched a few more games. The Jazz were on no one's radar and so I suffered through countless games of Philadelphia, Cleveland, Washington, and Denver to get a only a couple of Utah games.
The season started unraveling in April. Five solid months of good playing now seem wasted by a lackadaisical approach to the games. They Jazz blew home court advantage for the first round in the playoff and the first two games against Houston have been disappointing. You can clearly see the difference of great vs. good. Houston has 2 superstars and a bunch of role players with no bench. Utah has depth and play well as a team but who can dominate and take over a game when needed. Boozer did his best in game 2 and had AK or Memo shown up we might have pulled out the W. As it is the Jazz now face a 0-2 deficit. To add insult to injury, game 3 tonight is on NBATV. Who has NBATV? What a crock. So now I have to follow the game on the internet and hope for best. Let's go get Jazzed!
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment