Sunday, April 29, 2007

Operation Bachelorhood-Day 2

Unfortunately for you Michelle has the camera. I could take stills with the camcorder or break out Grace's cheesy little digital camera, but that is so much work. The laptop is great. I can lay on the couch, watch TV, surf the internet, and barely have to move a muscle.

Today I felt the effects of staying up late to watch a great Jazz victory. They have some good momentum and hopefully that will carry over to Monday night's game. I think that the Jazz are the better team, but they have not played well on the road. If Memo can keep up the good defense and score in double digits in Houston I like our chances of wrapping up the series in SLC.

Anyway, after staying up late to watch the game and get Michelle's call at 1:45 that she had landed in SLC I was finally able to sleep. I slept in until 7:30 at which point the dogs had had enough and forced my hand to get up. Breakfast consisted of Fruit Loops and toast (I contemplated this for dinner as well). By 9:30 I was ready for church and off I went. Standard church hours saw me back home at 1:30 and lunch consisted of bow-tie pasta salad that Michelle had made for Harriet's birthday party. I still have about 2 servings of that left so I should be set through tomorrow.

This afternoon I pretended to watch the Red Sox take down the Yankees again (5 wins in 6 games-you have to love that), and the Phoenix-LA game. Of course I really just slept as I didn't get much last night. Around 5:30 I decided I needed to get off the couch and since I didn't have anything else to do, I cooked. I made some tasty stir-fry and then went on a 3 mile walk with the dogs. During the walk, I only saw 2 other people (who were walking 3 dogs) other than that the dogs got to run off-leash and enjoy themselves. While walking I was listening to an October episode of RadioWest. Fabrizio had on author James Reston Jr. talking about his book "Dogs of God". It sounded very interesting. I may have to purchase it. He draws links between the Spanish Inquistion, the explusion of Moors and Jews in Spain to Columbus and the new world. It certainly puts a new spin on Columbus Day and makes me think we should perhaps change the holiday to reflect discoverers in general.

Anyway, a nice walk, a chance to catch up on some podcasts and now a chance to blog. So far, Operation Bachelorhood is proceeding according to plan. Just remember, to call first so that I have time to clean up before you arrive!

Now I just have to wait for the bedtime call and I can sleep and get ready for work tomorrow.

No comments: