Sunday, April 15, 2007

Happy Easter!


(but where's spring????) Even though it was rainy and quite cold, we still had a great Easter week-end. The Easter Bunny was kind enough to visit our house on Saturday so that we didn't have to hurry and do an Easter egg hunt while trying to get ready for church. He left us a really fun indoor egg hunt. He even left a basket for Aunt Christine! Grace had a blast finding all the eggs. Harriet didn't really care much about the hunt or the candy, but she did like her new bunny and an empty plastic egg makes a great toy! Grace was also delighted to find in her Easter basket, the very bunny that she had seen at The Paper Store and has been talking about for weeks hoping that she might have him. His name is now Harvey and she takes care of him like you would take care of a baby doll. At least we know the instinct is there even if she won't play with a doll.
I am also grateful that I did take the girls to get their pictures taken in their Easter dresses BEFORE Easter Sunday, because neither one was too excited or nice about posing for a picture before church. Their dresses were pretty breezy on top, but they did have little matching sweaters and I relented and put white tights and shoes on them rather than sandals. I went to church with bare legs and sandals in protest of the weather. I froze and I'm sure my wintery white legs didn't look so cute, but I refuse to wear black tights and shoes with a winter dress on Easter Sunday!

I wish I could say that I listened to a nice Easter program at church and that I was spiritually filled and uplifted on this religious holiday. However, I spent more than the last half of sacrament walking the halls with Harriet and then running around doing tasks for an under-staffed primary full of kids on sugar highs and well, that was it for me. I am sure that the sacrament program was very nice as well as the primary lesson, I just didn't hear much of any of it...
After church, we made a fancy dinner and ate in the dining room. Although we didn't set a dress code, at least the table looked really nice. (Christine was the only one who didn't wear a sweatshirt to dinner. At least one person showed up looking good!) Grace loves "a candlelight" and so we ate a candle-lit dinner. I hope the boys she dates in the future figure out this part of her personality! (well maybe I don't)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No sweatshirt to wear. Actually my mom had suggested that I wear my BYU sweatshirt on the plane. But since I was going to extended Ute country it's probably a good idea I didn't!