We always love to have visitors and we were lucky to have one over Easter week-end. David's sister, Christine, came to stay with us for 5 days. After some annoying airport/airline situations, she finally got to our house at about 3am on the Thursday morning before Easter.
Since everyone was so tired, we spent most of Thursday just hanging out and playing together. We did dye some Easter eggs though (mostly, we helped Grace make some Easter eggs) and Harriet got to know Christine again. Grace was thrilled to have her Aunt Christine staying at our house and couldn't get enough of her.
On Friday, we met David in Lexington for lunch and then went shopping in Lexington center. It was freezing cold and not much fun to walk from shop to shop. We drove by some of the historical sites on our way home, but didn't stop anywhere (my favorite way to sight-see!) Later that night, Grace and I took Christine to some of our favorite local shops too.
Since David and I are total home-bodies (which is well-served by how difficult it is to get out and do things with our kids) we haven't done much in Boston. So, when someone comes to visit and wants to go somewhere in Boston, we are going for the first time ourselves! We asked Christine if there was one place she'd really like to visit in Boston and she told us "Fanueil Hall" because she learned about it in her humanities classes and knew that it was an important place during the revolution. So, we went!
Fanueil Hall has always been a market place of sorts as well as a public meeting place. It is now in the center of a much bigger market/shopping complex along with Quincy market. More shopping! Great! I don't really buy a lot when I go shopping, but I LOVE to window shop and look at cool things that you wouldn't find in just any old place. I think our favorite store was The Boston Pewter Company. I got some extremely cool Christmas tree ornaments for Hattie and Grace there.
So, check that off of the list of things that there are to do in Boston. I think I've done 3 or 4? Let's see - Red Sox game, duck boat tour, Fanueil Hall, and the aquarium. David and I both agree that we need to get out more. Now that I'm not pregnant or with a newborn fussy baby, we will probably try to go and do more things this summer. (Looking at that picture of us all in our Utah sweatshirts, we really look like tourists! I guess we are!)

1 comment:
Me again. Just wanted to say that two great things about window shopping are that it's free and sometimes you don't even have to leave your vehicle. What could be better? Save your money and stay warm.
Post a Comment