Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ultimate Lazy

Now that I have your attention let me assure you that Ultimate Lazy is not about me. I have actually been hard at work. Without the family around I have come home from work to get things done in the house and yard.

After spending a couple of hours working outside I decided to take the dogs on their nightly walk past Crow Island. Generally this is a great time for the dogs to run free and explore and for me to get 2-3 miles of jogging/walking in. Tonight however, I ran across the Ultimate Lazy. I have seen him a several times before and it irks me every time. The Ultimate Lazy refers to a guy who walks his dog by driving his car. The dog runs beside the car and he sits in his car getting no excercise and polluting the air with his gas guzzling SUV. In the past when he has seen me he has called his dog into the car until he gets past me. But tonight I didn't have a light with me as when I left it was still pretty light. I saw his car lights a way off and immediately leashed the dogs. Soon after a large malamut comes running up to me and the dogs. What really gripes me (besides the laziness) is the guy is just letting his dog run wild (with no real control) and not cleaning up after his dog. I'll have to remember to get to avoid the 8-9 PM walk time.
On the bright side I saw Canada geese and more interestingly our swan. The swan are an annual occurrence and they are fun to watch. I spent several moments watching them swim peacefully in the river. Soon I will probably see the beaver and if I'm lucky perhaps we will get a few more water fowl. I also smelled a skunk, but luckily no skunk crossed our path. Shadow knows too well about the damage skunks can do.

Finally time for dinner and then bed. If I have time I really hope to watch the PBS special on the Mormons. I DVR'd it last night and tonight and think it will be rather interesting to see a perspective not from a Mormon or Mormon basher. Stay tuned for my review.

No comments: