When you have little kids, it's hard to get a day off. Not that I really want a full day off, but an uninterrupted nap or tv show might be nice. Starting with all 4 of us in bed together this morning with little sleep was about par for the course. I did get to get ready for church without any kids awake. That was nice. We were late to church since the kids slept so long from their tired day yesterday. David is also cooking me dinner, so that is nice too.
At church, Grace got up for the first time in sacrament meeting with the primary to sing a Mother's day song. David had to walk her up to the front. She didn't sing, but put her arms over the front of the wooden podium railing and stared with a cross look on her face into the congregation. To her defense, she wasn't here the past 2 weeks to practice or to be warned about having to perform.
Then, in primary, she participated in making the traditional mother's day gift. The kids were interviewed and their answers written in a card for their mothers. They also took home chocolate kiss necklaces to give to their moms. I think most moms had to give up the chocolate kisses to their kids before they got out of the church doors. I let Grace share mine...it was cute enough just to see her bring it to me with a big smile on her face. She was so proud.
Grace's mother's day interview answers:
"All About My Mom"
My mom's favorite color is: green
My mom's favorite food is: everything
But, she doesn't like: (blank)
She spends most of her time doing: (blank)
Mom helps our family by: making train tracks
The thing my mom likes to do for fun is: read books
If my mom could have one wish, she would wish for: (blank)
I want my mom to know: (blank)
On the blanks, she said she couldn't think of something to tell them to write.
She was right on the color and mostly on the food. There's not much I don't like. I thought for sure she'd say I spend all my time doing e-mail because that's what she tells me when she wants me to do something during the day (I do check my e-mail frequently, but don't spend the whole day on the computer - it's mostly after she goes to bed that I monopolize David's computer.)
I'm surprised she said I like to read books. I do like to read books, but I seldom get a chance to do it. I have been trying really hard to read the books for my book group, so maybe that's what she thought of. I'm also surprised that there was no mention of horses in there anywhere...
Since I am in primary, I got to help a bunch of kids fill out the card. Their answers were pretty funny. Most kids said that their moms spend a lot of time cleaning and vacuuming and that their favorite things to do are to play or clean. (I guess I don't clean as much as I should because Grace didn't mention that I clean!) I was suprised that a lot of moms' favorite food was reported to be broccoli. I am wondering if they are just trying to get their kids to eat broccoli? Grace loves broccoli, so I don't have to worry about that one.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my grandmas, my mother-in-law, my sisters, and all my friends who are mothers. We're all in this together! Hope you all get at least an hour off today.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment