Sunday, November 26, 2006

Those Cougars are naughty...

So says Grace and I believe her. She has been lucky to never have tasted the bitterness of defeat in the big game until this year and that was her response. "Urghhh, those Cougars are naughty." While two minutes after the game was over Grace was recovered and playing with her toys, Dad and Mom (especially Dad) were still brewing. How does the defense give up 3 tds including a drive of 90 yards and a 75 yard, 69 second drive to lose the game with all naughts on the clock? The prevent defense is how. The U. was unable to get any pressure on Beck for most of the game and it is like they gave up in the fourth quarter. It wasn't just the last drive, but it seemed that most of the fourth quarter they had given up pressuring Beck and only rushed 3. This gave Beck approximately an eternity to complete each pass and the result? BYU 33, Utah 31. The once feared U. defense would never have allowed this, even this year's D. should have stopped the last drive.

Now the U fans have to say wait until next year, but I still stand by my statement made 2 months ago. Neither BYU or Utah are any good this year. BYU may be ranked, but I know who the real BYU is and they aren't very good.

GO UTES!!! In defeat I just bleed even more crimson.

No comments: