Well yesterday was my first chance to vote in Massachusetts for something other than town issues. I was excited to particapate and shift this state a little more to the red. Unfortunately, I need another million people or so like me. The GOP here is weak and can barely put up any type of resistance.
I have never felt that one party rule is good. Coming from Utah, I see many problems that exist there because of the strong control of the GOP. The same exists here in MA, only with the democrats. Last night was frustrating as I really didn't have a choice on my representation. While I was able to cast votes for the candidates I wanted for governor and U.S. Senate, I was denied a choice for US Congress, state senator, and state representative. All democrats running unopposed. How disappointing indeed.
About the only thing worse was the fill-in the bubble voting card I had to use. While the rest of the country was trying out electronic voting, I was stuck in the second grade with my #2 pencil and a bubble sheet. This in the supposedly "high-tech" state I live in. Perhaps in the next century the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with be a state instead of a commonwealth and we will have some better way to vote. Give me the hanging chad any day over the bubble sheet!
1 year ago

1 comment:
Don't forget, though, that MA has had a Republican Governor for years and years, until last Tuesday. Things are still not as one-party there as in Utah.
In Ohio, we went from Red to Blue overnight. Everyone with an R after his or her name was in grave danger. It was the first time I've felt happy about an election in a long, long time.
Post a Comment