
Well, maybe the turkey wasn't too happy, but we had a good time! Our friends, the Jacksons, graciously invited us to eat with them yesterday. They also invited another family that lives nearby (to them.) It was a cozy little dinner complete with all of the fixin's including some incredible pies made by Preston. David spent 2 days making his favorite stuffing (his mother's recipe) for the meal too. Velvet tried to get in his way by eating half of the bread that he had laid out to dry for two days, but all was fixed in the end and Velvet got a full belly too.
It was also Hattie's first Thanksgiving. Since she's not even choking down rice cereal yet, her choices were limited at the table. She did grab my water glass and have a few sips and also enjoyed a taste of pie and whipped cream.

Our kids had a blast playing together afterwards while we played a game. The Jacksons have kids just about the same age as ours. Jana and I were pregnant together this winter and our babies ended up being about 4 weeks apart. Grace loves their little boys so it's nice when we get together.
We have lots to be thankful for and could make a list that wouldn't fit on a blog, but we are definitely thankful for our darling little girls, each other, our friends, our families, good food, and all of our modern conveniences. It was comforting to be with friends when we couldn't be with family. We did miss being at our traditional family Thanksgivings and hope that everyone had a good day yesterday. I think that more than the family Thanksgiving day and meal, I missed being with my mom and sisters this morning to go shopping with them! I did go by myself here, but it just wasn't the same. At least I got to go alone and got a lot done without the girls. David was very nice and stayed home with them all afternoon so that I could do my part to keep the economy going by emptying my pockets at the mall on all the "great" deals.
We also decided to wait on the family tradition of putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. We have always done this in my family and then since I married David too. After moving to New England, we started getting a real tree. This year, since Thanksgiving was so early, we decided to wait until next week to get our tree so that we don't have to throw it out before Santa even tiptoes on our roof! So, no Christmas decorations for us today...

No comments:
Post a Comment