
Grace and I went to our second Nutcracker together tonight. I'm so glad I can carry on this tradition started by my grandmother. The Christmas season for me always feels more like Christmas once I've seen it. I guess this is the first year in about 25 years that my grandma won't be going and taking grand-children.
Since Hattie is much too young to take to the ballet, David stayed home with her and Gracie and I had a mommy/daughter date. Since the little stinker won't ever dress up or do her hair, this was a rare occasion for me to get her all gussied up and looking like the princess she is. (She will do her hair for dance class still though...)

David bought her the most gorgeous princess dress when he was in Salt Lake this fall. We saved it for the Nutcracker. Since the performance we go to is a more low-key and local one, people don't get as dressed up as they do down town in Boston. You see everything from jeans and tennis shoes to very fancy dresses. We definitely err on the side of being very dressy, but it is just too much fun to take a little princess to see the ballet.
We love our little ballet company and it's nice to support something local. They do a great job and again had some pro's come in for the big dances. Grace says her favorite parts this year were "the girl who did a passe while turning", the mice, and the music. She absolutely loves the music and didn't know what to do during the pauses when the music stops.

I think Gracie had a new appreciation for the show this year too since she has started taking dancing lessons. She is excited that she will be having her first dance recital in December. They haven't learned enough in ballet to do a performance yet, but she's going to do a tap number to "Frosty the Snowman." Should be darling!

No comments:
Post a Comment