
This has probably been one of the best Thanksgiving weekends that I can remember. Of course, we always miss being with family and that can't be helped. But, we were with some FANTASTIC friends. One family, the Bahes, invited us down to a beach house on Cape Cod. They are so nice and have a really great mix of personalities and you can just be yourself with them. They also invited another family, the Muirs, to come. The Muirs are also from Utah and they are really fun to be with too.

Everyone pitched in to bring and make dinner.

We had a mix of all of our family favorites. David made his mom's stuffing. Cooking and eating took all day on Thursday, (curse the lazy football watchers...)

but for the rest of the 3 days, we just hung out, watched movies, played wii, went for walks on the beach,

and went shopping on Main St. in Hyannis in all of the little cute local shops.

Oh, and we ate and ate and ate until I didn't even eat dinner tonight because I am still so full. Minus Hattie's EXTREME tantrums, the trip was a huge success. I am SO grateful that the kids were well this time. After battling through last Thanksgiving with 2 really sick kids, it was a treat to get to enjoy this one.

Oh, yeah, and Bret is a vegetarian, so we had to be careful with all the recipes. Tofurkey? Really?

We topped off the weekend by getting our Christmas tree this afternoon and then Grace and I went to the Nutcracker. Our long-standing tradition of going to the Nutcracker has returned after taking last year off. It was so nice to spend time with just Grace. I never get to do that. I get lots of one on one with Hattie, but lately, Grace and I haven't had much mommy/daughter time. We had a ball. We dressed up to the 9's (ok, she didn't like that part) and went. She squealed at the mice, was dazzled by the dancing, and laughed at the big huge woman with all the little kids underneath. Next year, maybe we'll take Hattie too.


We are definitely thankful.
1 comment:
Your bangs are darling!
Post a Comment