I am thankful for shoes tonight. That is, thankful that I actually found a pair that Grace likes, says she will wear, and seem to fit her at a price that didn't start my debit card on fire (half of at the counter too!) She has these skinny narrow, long feet and trying to find dress shoes is almost impossible given that she hates dressing up to begin with anyway. Half the shoes are automatically out because she doesn't like them. I realized this week that neither of my girls has a pair of shoes that will match their Christmas dresses and that they will need to wear their dresses to do pictures and go to the Nutcracker well before Christmas! Seems like a trivial thing, but again, truly grateful to find some for Grace and for Hattie too. Totally annoyed I had to even shop for Hattie - we have 4 pairs of black patent leather dress shoes for this size/season from various hand me downs and not a single pair fit her!
Oh, we're also very grateful for the Santa sighting at the mall tonight. Hattie was beside herself with delight that she saw him and waved to him. Grace isn't convinced that the true Santa works so many hours at the mall, but is sure that this helper will pass along important info to the real man at the pole.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment