Now, I can see some of the sky! Yay! We can also get rid of the leaves now that they have all fallen. Last year, we had an early, hard, and long winter. The snow fell before we got everything cleaned up, and the endless snow plow passes, scooped up all of the leaves from our dirt road and shot them to the side making a 1000 layer cemented sandwich of sand/leaves/sand/leaves in front of our fence. This took me 15 hours and 20 giant bags to clean up in the spring!
Today, I am grateful that I spent 1 hour and 6 bags and the front of our fence is now (mostly) leaf free! I just saved myself a week of work next spring! I am seriously elated. I know most people don't understand my joy, but, to all of you who think that living in this picturesque part of the country would be so lovely... just remember... those leaves are all so much nicer when they are firmly in place on a tree on a postcard!
Now, this is what the back-corner of our yard looks like. I didn't say we were done...

No comments:
Post a Comment