I am thankful for friends. I know a lot of people but, there are few who turn out to be true friends. You can probably count yourself in the friend category if you read this blog. We have not made a lot of friends, especially as a couple, here in Massachusetts. But, we have really become close to the Doty family. They have gone from being fellow town residents to the people who we trade dog-sitting with to being the ones we know we can count on for anything and who are some of our favorite people to be with and to whom we are always, constantly indebted for some incredible thing they have done for us.
Our friends, the Dotys, lost their newborn baby this week and buried him yesterday. The details are many. I hate talking about this kind of thing on my blog when I know it's not my story to tell. But, their loss has consumed my entire week and wrenched my soul so it has become part of my story too. As hard as it was to attend all of the events yesterday, I was so grateful to be there for everything, to be invited to be there for everything, and again, to call them my friends. There is nothing greater than having true friends in times like these no matter which end you are on - the giving or receiving end.
So again, I am grateful for friends.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment