Monday, August 14, 2006

A new technological era for Chappo's friends


Friday night Jared and broke a barrier. Recently we had both purchased new macs and we were anxious to try out the iSight and try some video conferencing. Jared called on my cell phone (which was another barrier Jared finally broke through recently) and we configured everything properly. Then with the click of a button we were chatting. While this may not seem like a lot to some, it was momentuous for me. Now I can take part in live fantasy drafts with friends back in SLC. We can see each other's children in action. While this will mean Jared and I will have to be dressed when we call each other now, it will be a lot of fun.

Perhaps most important will be that Grace and Harriet will be able to see and talk with relatives. While I am here on vacation I am going to get my parents set up with a webcam so that we too can chat. Perhaps Grace will have fun talking with Grandpa and Grandma if she can see as well as hear them.

Yeah for technology!

No comments: