
For years I have been saying that my next computer was going to be 1) a laptop and 2) a Mac. I finally had the need to get a new computer and so I kept my word and ordered a brand new macbook. It has been a lot of fun playing around with it and it feels so good to be going away from the evil empire once again.
In graduate school I used a linux box and survived the whole time. I wrote my dissertation in tex and learned to live with the few annoyances of not having plug and play with some devices. However, the power and stability of the OS more than made up for any lacking features.
The mac is even better. Not only do you have the underlying unix at the core of the OS but the fine folks at Apple have wrapped a great gui around the core. Things just work and I won't have to deal with dreaded blue screens of death anymore. While it has taken some time to get everything converted over, I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have gotten my iPods converted over to mac and my gps is working. If only I could get my PDA to work I would be set. I am almost willing to say I'll never go back to microsoft. If I can convince Michelle of the power of mac then it will be the good ol' apple from here on out.
Here's to the super fast, blogging, podcasting, do it all out of the box macbook.

No comments:
Post a Comment