Sunday, August 06, 2006

Let the vacation begin!

On Thursday everyone here woke up at 3:30 AM in order to get ready to take the girls to the airport. Michelle decided that she needed more time in Utah so she took Grace and Hattie and left me behind. Luckily I only have 3 more days of work and then I will be having fun with them. Besides the fact that one should only ever experience one 3:30 each day, it all went fairly smoothly. The drive to Hartford was a little long, but the cost savings makes up for the fact that I have to drive there twice. Michelle was not originally assigned a seat next to Grace and the Delta agent wasn't very nice about getting it resolved, but finally the logic kicked in and no one wanted to set next to a three year old on a 5 hour flight. Both kids were great on the plane and are now enjoying time with relatives. Grace immediately warmed up to everyone (even though she won't talk on the phone to any of them) and is extremely excited to have grandpas, grandmas, aunts, uncles, and cousins to play with. She will have a hard time when it is all over and we are back home.

As for me and my week of bachelorhood, not much is happening. I am experiencing for the first time the pains associated with a real job and vacation. Currently I am dealing with getting everything in order so that while I am gone things are getting done that need to be ready by the time I get back. What a headache, and yet the thought of a real vacation (after not having one in a year and half) is keeping my going. My family will probably get the shaft while I am in Utah since I have my schedule pretty booked. I feel bad about that, but so much to do and little time to do it.

Assuming I don't get sick from malnutrition (eating mac & cheese, raman, left over spaghetti) over the next few days, I will see those in Utah on Thursday.

No comments: