Yesterday I decided to go into work for a few hours. Michelle and Harriet were both doing reasonably well and I felt like I had things to get done. I was planning on working in the mornings and coming home after lunch this week as Harriet and Michelle are recuperating. However, when I showed my face in my group office at work, my group leader saw me and asked,
"Why are you here? Are your priorities really that out of whack that you came into work when your family needs you?" Needless to say I was flabbergasted. I had already taken 3 days off plus the weekend so I was expecting to get some work done. And honestly, it was nice to have a little "me time". Anyway, he told me that he didn't want to see my face for a week maybe two. Then he set me up with a laptop so that I can do some work and check email from home.
This would not happen in the industrial world. You just have to love the MIT environment. So while I have been banned I guess that I will still have plenty of work to do around home. Now back to the dishes and diapers.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment