Over the last 2+ weeks that I have been at home helping with the new baby I have been able to do a few fun things with Grace. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been very nice over that period. But we were able to take advantage of one nice day and have a fun daddy-daughter trip to Drumlin Farm. Grace loves Drumlin Farm and especially this time of year when all the baby farm animals are being born. This year there are new chicks, piglets, calves, lambs, and goats. Besides the new animals, Grace goes to Drumlin farm for the hay rides. Sometimes it is with horses, but this day a tractor was pulling the wagon. Grace had a lot of fun and I had to do some smooth talking to convince her that there was more to Drumlin Farm then tractor hay rides. Besides the domestic farm animals, they also have a few wild animals. One of the new animals is a "black" red fox. Grace is fond of foxes since Shadow trapped a little fox in our yard last year. We still have foxes in our neighborhood (we saw one when we were on our dog walk last week) and so Grace and I enjoyed looking at the "black" red fox and we were pretty entertained by it. Of course it wouldn't be complete without being able to pet some of the domestic animals. All and all a fun day for dad and daughter. Too bad it took me so long to post about our adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment