Sunday, May 14, 2006

Harriet's Blessing Day



David blessed our little Harriet today. It was such a different day than when we blessed Grace. We had horrible weather (as you can read) and I was just not on top of my game. Grace and I had a "discussion" about her hair this morning. I lost. She wouldn't do it so that we could have a cute family picture. We did take a picture, but it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. That's ok though, not everything turns out like you hope, and like my mom says "it is what it is." I did get Harriet all dressed up though and she looked beautiful. She is so much different from Grace. She wore the same blessing dress - 6 weeks earlier and it didn't really look too big on her. She has an entirely different personality and has brought an entirely different spirit into our house. We absolutely love her to pieces. I am in love with her. She is a lot more like me than Grace is. Grace is such a different soul. Sometimes I have trouble relating to her, but Harriet just seems to be a "mini-me" even at 2 and a half weeks old.

We did make it to church on time -even with a 2 week old baby, an 8 month old baby (cousin Sean) and a 3 year old toddler. We were all dressed and ready and we didn't forget anything - amazing! I did get caught off guard though, the blessing came much quicker in the sacrament meeting than I was thinking it would and I didn't have Harriet ready to hand off. It startled me so much that I didn't get emotional during the blessing, but I did afterward. David teared up during the blessing and gave her a unique blessing all her own - much different from Grace's, but just as special. She was so good through the whole meeting - didn't make a peep once. It all came and went so quickly, I kind of feel like I missed it, but I do remember it all. Very weird - I guess that's what happens when you have more than one kid. You get all caught up with so many other things that you can't just focus on the one thing that you want to.

Anyway, it was really cool to be able to bless her on Mother's day with my own mom here and also Melissa here on her first mother's day with her baby. We had all the "mom's and babes" together and it felt really good. We're having a blast together and I'm so glad that my mom and Melissa could be here for it.

No comments: