Thursday, February 02, 2006

Winter Vacation

I was going to try to blog things as I was on my trip to Utah, but never got around to it. So, now I'll catch up...

Grace and I started our trip on January 17th to Salt Lake. We decided to take a trip after the holidays to avoid all of the confusion and stress that occurs with holiday travel. Being pregnant and traveling with an almost 3-year-old, we didn't make huge plans for activities, but just wanted to spend lots of time with the people we miss and do some shopping that seems to be hard for me to do as I live in Massachusetts.

Our big goal was to get to know my sister's baby, Sean, better and to have Grace spend as much time with grandparents and aunts as possible. We couldn't believe that Sean, a once fragile and tiny little infant with lots of health issues has grown into a very plump and healthy baby who even laughs and smiles and will now let you take him out of the house for more than 20 minutes. He is 5 months old and weighs more than Grace did when she turned one. They are definitely different, but you can tell that they're from the same stock of stubborn and Mitchell blood, both being equally spoiled. Melissa and I debated a lot on whose kid was more demanding of us.

Grace started the trip as she ended the last one, very jealous of Sean and not wanting a thing to do with him. She has never liked babies or dolls and we have been getting worried about how she will react to her quickly arriving little sister.

No comments: