Thursday, February 02, 2006


Riding at Shupe Acres

After a few days spent with family and getting to know everyone again, Grace and I made our quarterly visit to Shupe Acres. My friend Jaimy owns and runs the barn there. She and I rode together when we were teen-agers and got hooked up again about 5 or 6 years ago when she came to look at my horse to buy for a student. I ended up not selling my horse, but just moving him to her barn and we picked up right where we left off as riding buddies. Only, this time, we were both on the verge of becoming mommies. Her little girl, Reese, is a year younger than Grace and they are becoming riding buddies as well. Jaimy and Reese are always so nice to let us keep coming to Shupe Acres to ride when we're in Utah and Reese is usually a gracious host to Grace in sharing her pony, Tucker. She wasn't as happy this time to share as most 2-year-olds don't like sharing at all. Still, she was very nice and let Grace ride her pony and they had many turns together. I did bring Grace's own helmet from Massachusetts with us this time. Everyone thought I was nuts to cart it all the way to Utah for just one pony ride, but it was a very good thing that each girl had her own helmet - sharing the pony was quite enough! Jaimy and I only wish that we could ride together more often than every 3 or 4 months and that Grace and Reese could grow up together a little more closely. Maybe Grace and Reese can go to Hybid Farm's summer pony camp together when they are a little older.

No comments: