Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Ground Hog Day!

Well, ground hog day is just as exciting a holiday for me to celebrate as any. I was talking to Jared about why I don't do blog entries as often as he does. I told him that most days are very much the same for me and who wants to hear about our same boring routine? He said "your life is ground-hog day!" He's totally right. You could just put a looping video tape in for what we do most of the time. Since I have been really pregnant, Grace and I are late late risers. We get out of bed around 9 or 10. Grace watches some morning PBS shows while I check e-mail and shower. Then we have lunch (usually consisting of Grace's favorite - Ramen "doodles") and play for a bit before she takes her afternoon nap. I cook dinner while she is asleep and we wait for David to come home. Rita keeps telling me that if I don't feel up to it, I don't have to feel obligated to work for her. I told her that I wasn't quitting until a doctor tells me I have to. My Tuesday/Thursday afternoon job at her barn is the only reason I put on shoes and start my car twice a week! That's not entirely true, but very very close.

So what if every day is ground-hog day around here. Grace and I are pretty happy with it. We have lots of time to spend together which is exactly what I wanted to do when I quit my full-time job teaching. I love being able to mold my day around what she wants to do (most of the time) and letting her learn about how to do things from watching me do them.

So, now that we're home from Utah and we'll be here for many months... Happy Ground-Hog Day to us!

No comments: