Sunday, October 08, 2006

Monopoly Nights

My friend Jared has already notified the world of the fun all-night long Monopoly fests that we have on occasion when Jeff or I are in town. This trip was no different. After spending the day at BYU interviewing, I drove back up to SLC for a dinner or ribs and a night of Monopoly. Unfortunately I forgot the camera, but dinner was at the Texas Roadhouse. Jared had been talking up the ribs at this place and I love good ribs. In the end, the ribs were alright (Brookside Broiler has the best ribs in SLC), but what caught my attention were the peanuts. While waiting and around the tables they have huge buckets of peanuts free for the taking. The best part is, just toss the shells on the ground. No need to clean up after yourself. Must be some Texas tradition.

After dinner, Jared called Ian up and we were on for a few games of Monopoly. I started out strong and demolished them in quick fashion in the first game, but then Lady Luck left me and I was left to watch Jared take the crown for the night. It is that black voodoo magic curse he has over me with horseshoes, fantasy sports and apparently Monopoly. One day I will break the curse and claim my rightful spot as Monopoly King.

No comments: