Sunday, October 08, 2006

Go Utes!!!



While the official reason that I am currently in Utah is to recruit at BYU (don't ask me why), the real reason was to attend the TCU-Utah game. When I found out that I was going to be recruiting and the dates, I immediately looked for a Utah football game to attend. I was hoping for a nice Saturday afternoon game, but instead I was treated to a Thursday evening special thanks to tv contracts.

This was to have been a premier matchup between top teams, but with Utah getting dismantled at home by Boise State and TCU losing to BYU it had lost some luster. I was a little worried that Utah was not going to be up to the challenge, but I was treated to a great game. I took Jared with me and we had a great time. The Ute defense showed up to play and while there are still issues on offense we shut down the Horned Frogs and look like it will be a showdown for the league title with BYU in the last game of the year.

Perhaps the best part of the game on Thursday was the official lighting of the new block U on the hill. Tradition is that the U flashes when the Utes win a game. The old block U was in need of repair and $400,000 later it is in fine glory. It is now equipped with white and red LEDs so that it now flashes red & white when the Utes win. Very sweet indeed.

Let's hope that it is flashing red on November 25.

GO UTES!

No comments: