Happy Halloween!Well, we had a fabulously beautiful day for Halloween. It was warm and nice and just perfect to be outside. (hugely relieving after what we saw on Saturday!) The only thing that was bad about the day was saying good-bye to Aunt Emmie. She had to get home to see little Sean in his costume too.
Grace put on her Eeyore costume again and proudly wore it about the neighborhood. We went to about 7 houses near ours and then she and I were tired enough to go home. She got pretty good at saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at the doorsteps. She collected quite a bit of candy between our generous neighbors and the very well-attended trunk-0r-treat. We only had one kid come to our doorstep, so now we really have a lot of candy. I feel very sick of it. I'm craving a good fresh salad - something with absolutely no sugar in it. Grace hasn't quite gotten her fill yet. She has eaten a lot of candy and doesn't seem to be slowing down- she isn't happy that we've slowed down. She keeps offering us candy and is upset that we don't want any more.
We put out our jack-o-lanterns. I think I saw one other in the neighborhood. I guess no one gets too excited about it around here. We don't have a lot of kids or younger families in the area, so it's not as festive. Still, we love our older neighbors. They are very good to us and couldn't have been more excited for Grace to knock on their doors last night.

1 comment:
Grace ("Eeyore") must still have a sweet tooth even if she did go to just a few houses.;)
Post a Comment