Saturday, November 19, 2005

Not much to say for ourselves...

We haven't updated the blog in a week now. Mostly, it is because we haven't really had time, but it is also because our lives are pretty boring. We actually like boring for the most part. It means that things are going as they should and nothing requiring extra time, money, or worry has happened. We are getting excited about Christmas. Grace and I are especially into it. This is the first year for a very long time that I can remember it "feeling" like it should be Christmas. The last several years, it has come and gone and I barely had time to enjoy it or savor it. David says it's because I'm not working - specifically, not teaching school. That is actually a huge part of enjoying life for me. I've actually had time to sit and think about the holidays, what I want to shop for, and really getting into the mood. Grace has also made it much more fun. She really understands Santa much better this year and has cheefully made her list (mostly of Thomas the tank engine stuff) and is patiently waiting for him to "bring her a present." I also bought tickets for the 3 of us to go see the Nutcracker Ballet at a local performance done by the Commonwealth Ballet. I have always loved seeing the Nutcracker and I'm excited to continue the tradition with Grace. I hope she likes it as much as I do. We are dragging David to it. He doesn't like the dancing much, but does like the music.

As for Thanksgiving, we have been invited to eat with our new friends, the Whatcott's. They feel like family now that we've lived at their house for a week. Grace is excited to "go to Thanksgiving with her friends and eat turkey." I am looking forward to getting our first real Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.

Since we don't really have any particular event to document this week - here are some fun pictures of Grace (has she had her picture taken enough?)



We hope that this coming week brings fun and holiday spirit to all of our friends and family. We desperately miss those of you who don't live nearby and wish we could see you during the coming month. Please stay in touch, and don't forget us on your Christmas card list!

No comments: