Here's my list of evidence that it might be spring now in New England:
*crocuses - Now, where I come from, crocuses come up in February/March and the tulips and daffodils are in full swing by March/April. Well, here it's at least a month later than that. My crocuses did finally pop this week with the melt of the last of the snow. (Velvet also found her favorite kong toy as that last snowbank melted! It's been missing all winter.) The crocuses are the ONLY flowering thing in the yard right now, so we love them to death. We're hoping the dreary rain hasn't ruined them today. I can just see the tops of the tulip leaves coming out of the ground too.
*the opening of the local ice cream stand. Erikson's opened yesterday, but we were too busy with our bonfire to make it over there. It was probably way busy anyway so we'll go sometime this week.
*crocs - can you actually live in New England if you don't own a pair of crocs? We started wearing ours this week.
*rain - this is one of my least favorite parts of spring. I don't mind a little rain to water the flowers and keep things alive, but do we have to get soaked and have grey skies on such a regular basis?
*bugs - actually, we haven't seen any bugs yet, but we did start up the mosquito magnet and throw mosquito dunks in the pond. We're hoping to get a head start on them. The dogs also went in for their annual CHA CHING vet visit to see what damage had been done by ticks and mosquitoes last year (lyme tests, heartworm screenings, etc.) and to buy the summer supply of tick guard and heartworm treatment. Velvet tested positive for some tick-borne disease. She's already had lyme, I honestly can't remember the name of this one, but she's on a month treatment of antibiotics for it. Did I mention I hate the bugs????
So, like I said, I think, maybe, it might, be, SPRING!!!

2 comments:
Hey---you about pointed out every spring thing that I can think about in New England! I heard that they had snow this week in Utah, so I was hoping that you were glad for the sunny 60 degree days. :)
Lets hope that the rain is minimal...
Love the video of the peeper frogs. I wish it were spring in SLC. Only 4 more days of snow.
Post a Comment