
As I said before, Aunt Emmie came to see us and spend a few days with Grace for her birthday. We are SO glad she came. Even though it was FA-REEZING cold the whole time she was here and we really didn't do anything or go anywhere exciting, we just loved having her in our house to hang out with. The kids' favorite thing to do with her at home is to snuggle up with her on the couch, or sleep with her in bed.

She helped us run lots of birthday errands, made up a game for Grace's party, entertained Grace and Hattie, and just made us feel better.
Emily was here for the actual day of Grace's birthday, which was so great. She got to come with us to the kindergarten birthday celebration. At Grace's school, you can't bring in any outside food to share with other kids, so the tradition of a birthday cupcake is totally lost. They do have a pretty neat tradition of doing a birthday book. You buy a book to donate to the class library and wrap it up so that the birthday kid can open it in front of the class.

Then, they put the birthday kids' picture and name inside the book too. I got to go in and read the book to the class after she opened it. Then, they do a crazy dance celebration. It was so funny to watch! The teacher does all the classic '80's and '90's dance moves - start the lawnmower, pick the apples, spin the pizza, etc. I was dying laughing. I was glad to get to take Emily to see the class too.

For our last hurrah with Emily, we went out for a birthday dinner at one of our local favorite's - Not Your Average Joe's. David and Grace both got their birthday dinners, and to my total shock, both Grace and Hattie were on their very best behavior. It was a completely nice evening, topped off by Grace opening her family birthday presents.


Taking Emily to the airport was horrible. I am always sad to see family leave, but I've gotten pretty good about not being too emotional about it. Not this time. I don't know if it was just everything that has piled up lately or what, but one more sad thing to think about was almost too much to take. I hated to see her take her suitcase and walk in the airport. I'm ok now, but I'm super glad that I am going back to Utah in a month so I have some more family to look forward to seeing soon. Thanks for coming Emily. We ALL really appreciated it.
No comments:
Post a Comment