Grace went as Darth Maul this year. She has a cool mask, but masks aren't allowed at most events, so I had to get good at painting her face (I got better each time.) Actually, I like the way the paint turned out better than the mask anyway, and I think she did too. She did wear the mask to trick-or-treat and scared the crap out of the darling little neighbor girls.
Grace and her BFF Kayla who went as one of the How to Train your Dragon characters. You can see why they get along famously.
Then, we carved pumpkins in shifts. There was not a single night we would all be home, so Grace carved hers first.
Harriet went as, none other, than Princess Anna, from Disney's FROZEN movie. She has wanted the costume since LAST Christmas. But, Disney got stingy and didn't release enough product, so people were buying them on e-bay for hundreds of dollars. I didn't know if I'd ever be able to find her one, especially in a size 10 (most princess costumes are size 6 - they hardly ever make the bigger sizes.) But, low and behold, if I didn't randomly walk into the Disney store in September and run smack into a size 10 Anna costume! I snatched it and bought it before I could even think about it. I knew it was my only shot. I hoped she still wanted to be Anna! Thankfully, she did.
Here are a few pics we took in the yard before the ward Trunk or Treat.
^this might be my favorite picture of the year.
Harriet with her friend Gilli, and the Simkins girls. You can't see it very well, but the girl on the right is wearing a Darth Vader dress. I seriously love it. Grace still won't go for something like that though - she has to be the full on villain.
We brought the Wixoms with us to trunk or treat. It's about all the church they will tolerate.
But, they did bring a super cute cowgirl, Rylee.
Nothing better than sitting on a tailgate in a costume eating candy.
Grace and Kayla. This time Kayla came as the dragon.
I love so much about this picture, but mainly that you can see the little blonde Gracie girl under all that scary make-up.
Harriet had a darling little party at school on Halloween. Hattie's class has a seriously awesome mom who is head room mother. She and Hattie's teacher plan the greatest food and fun things for them.
Grace got to come (because, no school for her.)
Conga line, of course!
Then, Harriet hurried and carved her pumpkin after school on Halloween.
I don't know where we got the tradition of the "Family pumpkin." Basically, it means we get an extra pumpkin, that's really huge, that I end up carving by myself. I scaled it down this year. I was tired.
Ready for Trick or Treating!
These are my friend, Andrea's, little girls who live down the street. They remind me so much of Grace and Harriet when we lived in Boston. We try our best to adopt them as our little sisters. They went as Anna and Elsa too, so naturally, Harriet was a big hit. They LOVE her and she is so sweet with them.
They didn't want to stand very close to Darth Maul though...
Happy Halloween!














No comments:
Post a Comment