Sunday, November 02, 2014

A month in Utah: weekend 3- Cedar City!

For our last big weekend outing, we all got in the car and drove to Cedar City to see Great Grandma Primmer.  I don't know if I can ever explain how much I love that lady.  She will have me laughing to the end.  I have always loved being in her house.  I don't know what it is about being at your Grandma's house, but it's just the best.  Even if you're 38 years old.  She was so nice and even let me bring Shadow down with me for the weekend.

The drive from Salt Lake to Cedar is less than 4 hours.  After all the driving my kids have done over the years, that's just one leg of a trip for us.  We drive at least 3-4 hours before we stop, so they thought we would just drive straight there.  Well... they've never been on a Mitchell road trip.  Mitchell road trips are only 1-4 hours, max, and usually have stops in the middle.  So, we stopped somewhere in central Utah, and they got to see this crazy petting zoo that is next to the gas station there.  
Even though Grandma will stretch her hospitality to the max, there IS a limit on how many people can really share a bathroom and still be civilized, so Melissa and Jessica bunked up at a nearby hotel while the girls and I and Shadow and Mom stayed at Grandma's.  We took the kids swimming in the hotel pool.  Mom had been wanting a picture of all the grandkids.  This was the best one we took all month:
 It's a long-running joke that we go to Grandma Primmer's to sleep.  But, it's kind of true.  We all take huge naps when we're at her house.  I don't know what it is about being there, but it must be truly relaxing and we just have the best naps in her living room.  She laughs and puts up with it.
After taking over the Park City weekend, I told Melissa she could plan Cedar.  We did the Melissa things, which are:  shop at Christensen's, go swimming, and yep, that's about it.
Another "trying to get everyone in a picture..." Sloan is super hard to get him to stay.  Too bad Sean was glancing back to make sure Sloan was still there.  This is the only one that turned out decent.
We seriously love Grandma Primmer.  We wish we could have spent more time in Cedar City!  
We'll definitely have to go back again, sooner than later.

No comments: