Anyway, the last week, we spent trying to do "one more thing" of course. The girls love to have my cousin, Lauren, cut their hair for school, so we headed to her salon for back-to-school 'dos.
Grace's hair is so gorgeous. I wish she'd let me spend the time on it to look like this every day.
Hattie wanted another short cut, so she chopped off her locks again. Lauren is so good at getting it cut right.
Then, my dad wanted to take the girls on a field trip to the Ferrari store that is around the corner from his Toyota dealership. He knows the owner of the Ferrari shop, so they let the girls wander through all the cars. SO. COOL.
We did "one more" Chapman cousin outing and took them with the Mitchell cousins to the trampoline park.
One thing I haven't mentioned yet, is FRIENDS. I don't have tons of friends left in Salt Lake. So many have moved away. But, still, I do have several and I thought I'd be able to get to all of them in a MONTH! I was sad to still miss seeing so many people, but I did get to see our beloved Covilis for an evening, and I also got to go to lunch with Ms. Adrianna Karras! I hadn't seen Adi in about 15 years, we figured. We met at Red Iguana one afternoon, and I remembered all over, why I loved being friends with her for all those years in jr. high, high school, and college. She is so much fun, and so honest, and she makes me be honest with her and with myself too. She doesn't put up with any B.S. But, she also respects the heck out of you if you earn it. Oh, I MISS having friends like her! Of course, our mutual love of horses is enough to float us forever, but I really truly miss being able to see her often. I'm so glad we reconnected and were able to spend some time. Of course - did I take a picture of said blessed afternoon? NOPE. We were much too busy talking and catching up to worry about a photo. I really wish I had thought to pull my phone out. Hopefully, I will see her again soon and it won't be another 15 years.
On one of our last days, we headed to the new aquarium in Salt Lake with the Barnhisels. Such a cool place.
Well, finally, one Thursday night, Dr. Chapman flew into town. It really was a long month without him, and I know it was even longer on his end. He had so many things planned to do while we were gone, and none of them worked out. He was very sad and lonely, and pretty miserable. I do feel bad that we had the time of our lives in the mean-time. His plane was severely delayed, so I finally scooped him up at the airport at about 1am. Poor guy. He was so awesome to fly up for my high school reunion and drive us home after all that. David gets best dad and husband award for sure.
The kids had been begging Uncle Randy all month to go hiking. So, the last Saturday there, they finally got to go. Uncle Randy, and Aunt Lis, and Aunt Em, took us up to Alta to hike in the wildflowers in the Albion Basin. (David opted for a bike ride with Brian and Wendy in the mean-time, so he didn't come with us.) It was so beautiful up there. The flowers were out in full force. The temperature was just right. I do miss the Utah mountains. They are so lush and gorgeous.
Grace's hair is so gorgeous. I wish she'd let me spend the time on it to look like this every day.
Hattie wanted another short cut, so she chopped off her locks again. Lauren is so good at getting it cut right.
Then, my dad wanted to take the girls on a field trip to the Ferrari store that is around the corner from his Toyota dealership. He knows the owner of the Ferrari shop, so they let the girls wander through all the cars. SO. COOL.
We did "one more" Chapman cousin outing and took them with the Mitchell cousins to the trampoline park.
Clare is such a graceful gymnast. She makes jumping on a trampoline look so artistic. She was fun to have with us. Even Jeremiah might have had fun jumping.
On one of our last days, we headed to the new aquarium in Salt Lake with the Barnhisels. Such a cool place.
Sean. Forever the shark lover.
(oh, and the soccer jerseys that Sean and Grace are wearing... Randy brought them back from Portugal for all the kids. He spent like 10 days in the Azores while I was at their house. He took only a back-pack with him. I couldn't believe he thought of all the kids and brought them all something when he had no packing space. Grace had just finished watching World Cup, so she was pretty stoked to get a jersey from one of the teams.)
While we were at the aquarium, David texted me to tell me that a major project from his lab was launching into space. So, we pulled out my phone and watched the launch live, right there at the aquarium. Technology is so freaking awesome. This is a screen shot I took at the end of the video feed.
I don't seem to have any pictures, but we were also in town for Emily's birthday on the 31st. I love my little sis, Em. Melissa and Mom and I had shopped for some cool silver jewelry for her in ABQ earlier in the spring, so we were excited to be there together to give it to her.
The kids had been begging Uncle Randy all month to go hiking. So, the last Saturday there, they finally got to go. Uncle Randy, and Aunt Lis, and Aunt Em, took us up to Alta to hike in the wildflowers in the Albion Basin. (David opted for a bike ride with Brian and Wendy in the mean-time, so he didn't come with us.) It was so beautiful up there. The flowers were out in full force. The temperature was just right. I do miss the Utah mountains. They are so lush and gorgeous.
The little girls decided they were too tired for a long hike and cut out early and headed back. Melissa and I took them to a fun lunch at the Alta lodge. But, Sean, Grace, Randy, and Emily kept going and made it to Cecret Lake. Sean and Grace would hike forever if you let them. So would Randy and Emily, so they made a great bunch.
It was a perfect way to say good-bye to beautiful Utah. (Don't fret, there's one more post!)













No comments:
Post a Comment