Each week, we invited the Chapman cousins to go on an outing with us. This week, we took Jeremiah to the Natural History Museum, where they were having a special exhibit on horses (yes, please!) Poor Clare was sick that day, so she missed out. Jeremiah is painfully shy, so getting a picture of him is nearly impossible. I sneaked and got him in a few.
The kids thought the earthquake exhibit was pretty fun and did a pretty good job at building an earthquake proof structure together.
I was pretty excited to be IN Utah on the 24th of July. That hasn't happened in a lot of years. Utah does know how to throw a great party for their "founders day." We headed out to Jessica's to do a baby shower/holiday combo party. It was fun to get to buy clothes for a little girl again.
Sloan thought Lyla's gifts were pretty cool, even if they were pink.
Harriet was just insane over giving Lyla a little gift. She picked out her own and could not wait to meet the baby!
Mom kept trying to get a photo of all of us together. This has it's flaws, but we're all in it and smiling, and we don't look too terrible either, so I'll take it.
Melissa and Jessica aren't afraid of buying big fireworks. Thankfully, Dad was there to light them since Randy and Nick were out of town, and David wasn't with us. We like to watch them, but we are a bunch of sissies when it comes down to lighting them.
Kids had a blast running through the smoke bombs as Grandpa held them in his hands. Let's not talk about Grandpa and holding hot things in his hands.
The kids just love Jessica's big Great Dane, Dante. He's pretty cool.
And, speaking of cool dogs, I found these photos of Shadow in this batch. I think this was the day before the party. I had given her a bath and later I gave her a haircut so she didn't look so shaggy. She was so happy in Melissa's backyard. Oh man, I miss this pup. I am SO glad I took her with me so that the girls could spend, what would be, some of her last few weeks with her.















No comments:
Post a Comment